Appsmith version 1.6.17+ now supports clean URLs, pre-built customizable app templates, among many other exciting new features released in April and May
Appsmith is an open-source framework that is used to build powerful internal applications (admin panels, dashboards, etc.) using drag and drop UI widgets. It can be integrated with some of the most popular databases like PostgreSQL, Microsoft SQL, MongoDB, MySQL, etc.
Appsmith was founded by Nikhil Nandagopal and Arpit Mohan in 2019.
Appsmith is available for free forever (self-hosted), or paid (commercial edition) if you want to host your application on Appsmith cloud. The main benefit of using Appsmith paid version is that it supports custom domain, branding, and authentication without having to worry about configuration and server management.
New Features in Appsmith latest release
The main features introduced in Appsmith in the month of March, April and May include;
- App Template Directory: Developers can now create customizable app templates and have them hosted on Appsmith cloud just like it works with WordPress free plugins and themes. This will help users to create applications quickly using the customizable app templates.
- Clean URL: The url is now short and easy to read. Previous URLs can be converted to clean URL by clicking the updates section.
- Multiple Widget Reflow: You can move and resize grouped widgets
- MinIO Support: It is now possible to connect MinIO instances using S3 plugin
- Heroku Support: You can now deploy Appsmith on Heroku instances
- Reflow is now out of beta: The checkbox and info box have been removed from the right panel
There are also a number of error and bug fixes
Read more on the latest Appsmith releases.
Before you leave, Subscribe to our Newsletter to be updated via email when Blogging Tools you use to run your blog release new features or make critical changes. For any question about this post, or anything else related to website technologies, we are responding on Reddit or comment below.
Leave a Reply