What is a campaign in Email Marketing?
Email Campaign is a set of messages that are intended to be delivered to an audience at a specific time. It might be a weekly newsletter campaign, a Black Friday campaign, or a gift campaign for new email list subscribers.
Type of email Campaigns
There are two main types of email campaigns:
Automated: These are campaigns that are used to send automated messages to subscribers. For example, welcome email to new subscribers, happy birthday wishes, blog post updates, etc.
Regular: These are campaigns that must be manually created and sent.
Features of Email Campaigns
Below are some of the features of email campaigns.
- Name: This is the identity of the campaign. It might be a welcome email campaign, weekly newsletter campaign, etc.
- Title: This is what appears as the subject line of the email. It should be appealing
- Audience or recipient: This is the list of subscribers who will receive the email campaign
- Body: This is the content of the campaign. Ensure that it does not have spam trigger words so that it can land in the primary inbox folder.
- Footer: Should have the unsubscribe link, organization name, and address.
Important: sending email campaigns with too many images is the easiest way to be marked as spam or get your email land in the promotion folder.