If you have been struggling to enable WordFence 2FA for WooCommmerce customer accounts, then you should update to WordFence 7.9.0 as the feature is now available for integration.
WordFence 2FA and WooCommerce
WordFence 7.9.0 which was released on February 14, 2023, now supports two-factor authentication (2FA) for all WooCommerce users. WordFence 2FA was initially restricted to WordPress users with admin roles.
The 2FA feature will go a long way in improving the security of WordPress sites that use WooCommerce more importantly multi vendor sites.
Enabling WordFence 2FA in WooCommerce user account
To enable WordFence 2FA in WooCommerce follow the procedure below;
- Go to the WordFence dashboard (as admin)
- Click on Login Security
- Then Click the Settings Page
- Under 2FA roles, select required or optional for all user roles or specific user roles (Administrator, Editor, Author, contributor, Subscriber, etc).
- If you selected required, set the grace period (number of days) for existing and new users to enable 2FA
- Under WooCommerce and Custom Integration, tick the checkbox for WooCommerce Integration and also the checkbox for Show WordFence 2FA on the WooCommerce Account page
- Save the settings
- Now go to My Accounts page (which is outside the admin area) as indicated in the featured image above
- You Will See a new tab added titled WordFence 2FA. Users should click on the tab to enable 2FA
Users whose roles have been Disabled by the admin will not see the 2FA tab.
If your WooCommerce website has thousands of users, you should monitor your site carefully to ensure enabling 2FA does not affect site load speed.
The WordFence 2FA for WooCommerce feature will only work if you are using the default WooCommerce pages. If your theme has custom WooCommerce pages, you might not see the 2FA tab on My Accounts page