You arrived at this post because you might have received an email from the Godaddy Digital Crimes unit that your account has been suspended.
Godaddy Digital Crimes Unit
The Digital Crimes Unit (DCU) is one of the departments at Godaddy whose sole responsibility is to scan and remove malicious or illegal content from Godaddy’s hosting systems.
Godaddy is now taking illegal content and malware concerns seriously after going through several instances of system hacking this year.
If you are a Godaddy customer and your website is found to have any malware or is involved in any illegal activity, then it will be immediately and temporarily suspended. This includes any of your website data backups.
The Digital Crimes Unit will then investigate your hosting account and let you know via email whether your account will be permanently suspended or you will be given a chance to clean it.
Godaddy account suspension reasons
Below are some of the reasons that will lead to your hosting account being permanently suspended by the Digital Crimes Unit;
- If your website is registered with fake detail. Verification details like ID number and credit card should match your domain registration details.
- If after investigations, it is established that your website was involved in malicious attacks
- If your website is found to have participated in malware or virus distribution
- If your website is hosting content that exploits minors
- If your website is found with privacy violations like sharing personal information without permission
- If your website is sending spam emails
- If your website is involved in copyright violations
Websites that have been permanently suspended by Godaddy’s Digital Crimes Unit cannot be reinstated. The only option you have is to seek legal redress.
Got questions on blogging tools, this post, or anything else related to website technologies, we are responding on Reddit or Blogiestools Ask Forum