On July 1, 2023, Google Analytics 4 will replace Universal Analytics as a tool for measuring website traffic. A number of features in Universal Analytics will be dropped while new ones will be introduced. However, some users who have switched to Google 4 Analytics are having problems with features that they loved that are not available in GA4.
Google Analytics 4 Problems
List of the commonly mentioned problems of Google Analytics 4. It is important to note that the said problems of Google Analytics 4 are not universal. It all depends on the use case.
Examples of what users don’t like about GA4 include but are not limited to;
- For Agencies, migrating clients to Google Analytics 4 is going to be a big task.
- The user interface is so different which means there is a learning curve. It might require investment in training.
- Changes in real-time user traffic
- No Adsense Earning per page
- Bounce rate reports missing
- There seems to be a huge difference between Universal Analytics (UA) and Google Analytics 4 data. Agencies will have a difficult time explaining to their clients about the big disparities.
Although it might seem that Google Analytics 4 has many problems compared to Universal Analytics, once people get used to it, and some of the perceived or real problems are fixed or explained, Google Analytics 4 will outshine Universal analytics.
Got questions on blogging tools, this post, or anything else related to website technologies, we are responding on Reddit or Blogiestools Ask Forum