Jest 28 has finally been released. It comes with a number of exciting new features, fixes, and maintenance that we will be mentioning below.
Jest 28 Release
Jest version 28.0.0 was released on April 25, 2022. It supports Node versions 12.13+ and TypeScript 4.3+. However, support for Node 15 has been dropped.
Jest has also indicated that they expect to release version 29 in a few months’ time.
New features in Jest 28.0.0
Jest 28.0.0 comes with a number of changes and features. Below are the key new features;
- –shard CLI has been included to enable sharding of test runs
- package.json exports is now fully supported
- It is now possible to pass testEnvironmentOptions inline
- GitHub Actions reporter has been added
- Support for async resolver has been added
- sha256 hashing algorithms is used in Jest 28 instead of md5 for compliance with Federal Information Processing Standard (FIPS). Read more about the recommended hash algorithms by FIPS.
- mjs and cjs have been added to the default moduleFileExtensions config
- jasmine has been moved from @jest/types to its own package
- Support for Node version 10 and 15 have been dropped
- Minimum required typescript version is 4.3
- globalThis is now used instead of global
Read all Jest 28 features.