Libre has announced that it has released LibreOffice 7.3 which comes with a number of features to help users migrate from Microsoft Office to Libre Office with ease.
LibreOffice 7.3 new features
Some of the key features and improvements available in LibreOffice 7.3 for both desktop, mobile and cloud include.
- DOCX import/export improvements: list/numbering import, hyperlinks attached to shapes, fix permission for editing, track change of paragraph style, handle ZOrder of chart objects, support for sdt fields.
- XLSX import/export improvements: decreased a row height for XLSX files created by MS Office, fix permission for editing, cell indent.
- PPTX import/export improvement: fixed interactions and hyperlinks on images, fix hyperlinks on shapes, fix hyperlinks on images, Make slide footers get exported to PPTX, transparent shadow for tables.
- Hyperlinks can be attached to shapes
- WMF/EMF filter improvements
- TXT file extension is not associated with T602 file format
- You can now generate One-dimensional barcode in LibreOffice
- Increased pdf export speed for complex documents
- Increased load speed for large RTL documents
- Improved speed of some XLSM and XLSX files opening
- New bullet mode editing behaviour
In summary, LibreOffice 7.3 focuses more on improving compatibility with Microsoft Office document processing apps.