phpMyAdmin 5.2.0 has been released. It comes with new features like locking and unlocking db users, export page redesign, bug fixes, and much more.
phpMyAdmin version 5.2.0 was released on May 10, 2022. It comes with new features and bug fixes. Most users on shared hosting do not have to worry about phpMyAdmin upgrade as it is handled by their web hosting company or control panel software. However, if you are managing your own server or have errors related to previous phpMyAdmin versions then you might find this information useful.
New features in phpMyAdmin 5.2.0
Some of the main features in phpMyAdmin 5.2.0 include;
- The minimum required PHP version is 7.2. If your website is using scripts that do not support PHP 7.2+ then you need to update your script first before upgrading phMyAdmin.
- Bootstrap has been updated to version 5 for browser support
- phpMyAdmin 5.2.0 does not support internet explorer, Microsoft Edge < 16, Firefox < 60, Safari < 10, iOS Safari < 10, Chrome < 60 and Android < 6.
- Symfony components have been upgraded to version 5.2
- “NOT LIKE %…%” operator has been added to table drop-down or search
- For phpMyAdmin 5.2.0 to function, the openssl PHP extension is now required.
- phpMyAdmin 5.2.0 now supports Mroonga engine
- You can lock and unlock db user
- Export and import pages have been redesigned to use bootstrap components.
- Fixed source file is not readable errors when exporting files using Safari of Firefox browser after upgrading to PHP 8.1
More details about phpMyAdmin 5.2.0