Pop!_OS 22.04 LTS has been released. It comes with a few new exciting features that we are going to highlight in this post.
Pop!_OS 22.04 (final) was released on April 25, 2022. It is stable, has a better user experience, and everything seems faster. This is probably because of GNOME 42.0 improvements. The notable change in the release is the customized version of GNOME 42.0.
Pop!_OS is based on Ubuntu, read more about Ubuntu 22.04 features.
NOTE: LTS (long-term support) means it will be supported in the next 5 years, especially for security updates.
New Features in Pop!_OS 22.04
Pop!_OS 22.04 new features include;
- GNOME Version 42.0: It comes with new GIMP Toolkit (GTK) applications and better theme custimization options.
- PipeWire: Pop!_OS 22.04 now uses PipeWire as the default audio processing app
- Screenshot Tool: The new screenshot tool now gives you the option to resize your captured screen.
- Video Record Screen: The screenshot app also has the options to video record the screen
- Linux Kernel version 5.16
- Firefox version 98 which was released on March 8, 2022. Ubuntu 22.04 uses Firefox snap.
There are not many changes to talk about.
It is advisable to give it time for any bugs to be fixed before you install it. The ideal installation version should be 22.04.1.