Transactional emails are automated email messages sent to a user after performing a particular action on the website. Transactional emails are sent for commercial or non-commercial purposes.
Example of Transactional emails are:
- Email sent to a user when he places an order
- Emails sent to a user when her order is completed
- Emails sent to a user when he creates an account
- Emails sent to a user when he resets his account password,
- Email sent to a user when her shop or product has been approved or rejected
Email Marketing Services and Transactional Emails
If you are planning to use an email marketing platform like Mailchimp to send Transactional emails, then be sure to go through their integration process and pricing. We do recommend that you use SMTP service providers like Amazon SES, Sendgrid, G suite for transactional emails as they are cost-effective and efficient.
Email Marketing platforms are designed for sending marketing emails.
How to Improve Transactional Emails Deliverability
Transactional emails are vital for the growth of your business. Therefore, they need to be delivered to the primary inbox. You do not want to waste time answering calls from clients claiming that they have not received an invoice or password confirmation email only to learn that it went to their spam folder.