Upwork has announced that it is introducing consultation services features. Freelancers can now get paid to offer consultation services in fields they are knowledgeable about.
For example, if you want to offer digital marketing services and the client wants consultation about the services you offer, then he can pay for the consultation.
Upwork Consultations feature
Upwork consultation feature is currently available for select freelancers. If you are one of them, you will see a pop invite message to set up a consultation.
To create a consultation
- Click the Setup consultation button
- Set consultation services title, Select a category so it’s easy for clients to find your project.
- Set your price (choose how long your consultation will be, 30 or 60 minutes)
- Indicate the time that you are available and limits
- Add your requirements
- Add feature images and sample work files
- Accept policies and terms
- Submit and send to review
NOTE: As at publishing this post, you can only offer consultation services in these categories only (Web and Mobile Software Development, Legal, Digital Marketing, and Accounting).
The feature is also currently available to select clients. However, the consultation services feature will be available to all clients by March 2022.
If you are a freelancer and you want to be considered for addition to the list of Freelancers offering consultation services on Upwork, then go to this page and click on the application form.