WooCommerce has introduced tap-to-pay payment on iPhone making it easier for store owners to receive payment without any hardware configurations.
WooCommerce Tap to Pay on iPhone
WooCommerce Tap to Pay is a feature that provides customers with the ability to make contactless in-person payments with their cards. The feature is currently available for sellers with e-commerce stores powered by WooCommerce in the US.
WooCommerce tap-to-pay accepts payment through debit and credit cards, Apple Pay, and other mobile payment options.
Sellers are only required to have an iPhone that is set up to collect payment. No other hardware or card reader is required.
How WooCommerce tap to pay works
WooCommerce store owners that want to accept in-person contactless payment are required to have an iPhone device with iOS 16.0+, the latest version of the WooCommerce payment plugin, and the WooCommerce mobile app.
A customer can place an order on your WooCommerce online store and then pay in person in your physical store with tap-to-pay.
To collect payment through tap-to-pay,
- Open the WooCommerce mobile app that you just installed
- Go to Payments
- Click collect payments
- Select tap to pay, your iPhone will prepare to take payment if you had earlier associated your Apple ID with a merchant account
- Allow the customer to hover or tap their card or supported device at the top of your iPhone, on the contactless symbol
- Once payment is complete, you will see the done checkmark.
- Your inventory will be adjusted
- You can print the receipt or send it via email.
Learn more on how to print receipts or set up your payment account.
Mobile phone mockup photo source: WooCommerce (modified by editorial)
Before you leave, Subscribe to our Newsletter to be updated via email when Blogging Tools you use to run your blog release new features or make critical changes. For any question about this post, or anything else related to website technologies, we are responding on Reddit or comment below.
Leave a Reply