Automattic, the company behind WordPress has released Livro, a simple block theme for writers and those interested in a minimalist WordPress Theme.
Livro WordPress Theme
Automattic describes Livro theme as “a simple theme designed to evoke the calm feeling you get when you settle in with a classic book“.
Some of the theme features include.
- Layout: Comes with a full-width layout (sidebars) for pages and posts.
- Color: The theme has a dack background and texts are white in color as seen in the feature image. There are only two predominant colors black of #1E1E1E; and white of #DBDBDB.
- Font Family: The theme uses only Newsreader font
- Load Time: Without any images or ads, the theme’s load time on a shared hosting server was 1.36 seconds and a page size of 238.4 KB. Our testing server response time was 0.56 seconds.
- Feature Image: Post featured image is displayed before the post and below the post title. It is recommended to use a rectangular image for a better experience
- Customize: This option is not available and it appears WordPress.org will do away with Customize option in future themes that support Gutenberg block editor. Customization of the theme can be done from Theme Editor.
- Theme Editor: In the beta version of Livro Theme that we tested, the theme editor is now editor. If you click on appearance editor, instead of themes files loading as it used to be in previous WordPress themes, now it is a block editor that opens (almost similar to what page builders like Elementor offer).
NOTE 1: For the beta theme to function in WP 5.8, you must have the Gutenberg WordPress plugin installed
NOTE 2: The theme is currently in Beta. Download Livro beta version